Credit Repair

The other night I was surfing the internet looking for who knows what and ran across something to do with credit repair. Long story...short, 2-hours later I had disputed a number of items that were showing up on my credit report for free. Below are the sites that I visited, the steps I took and what I learned.
I hope you find it useful.
Brent


Tips:
-you will need a credit card to get most of the reports although they are not charged. They just want your info entered in case you make a impulse buy.
-dispute every bad mark, you won't get in trouble or hurt your credit scores. Each disputed item is research by the credit bureaus asking the creditor if they have the proof that you were late. Most of the time on closed accounts the creditor doesn't even respond and the bureaus are force to remove the item. (i.e. I had a late 5-years-ago from a car I closed the loan on 3-years-ago. When I disputed it Ford didn't respond to any of the credit bureaus requests and the credit bureaus removed it from my credit.)
-set aside at least 2-hours to do all 3 reports
-setup a folder in your "favorites" and "bookmark" sites as you go.
-write down websites,usernames and passwords as you go.
-it takes 45-days for them to investigate and fix your reports.
-fixing just 1 report is useless, do all 3 at once.
-this is the same thing you can pay a credit fixing company to do for $500


1. Go to the 3 credit reporting bureaus and get your free report below.


2. Review your credit reports and identify the items you want to dispute.
(Save the reports to your computer because you will need to reference numbers and info from them for the disputing process.)


3. Go to the "disputing an item" area of each individual credit reporting agency below. Some are easier than others, so I put the easy ones first to warm you up.
-Transunion - This is by far the easiest, when you lookup your "transunion" report up from the link above the "report an inaccuracy" button is built into the report, so you just report inaccuracies as you review your report. See below:
-Experian - For disputing items with Experian you will first need to get the "Experian" free report and make sure you write down the report # that is next to your name. After that just go to https://www.experian.com/consumer/cac/InvalidateSession.do?code=DISPUTE&channel=8342 to start disputing.



Your Done!!
By the way, If you know someone looking to buy or sell a home I'm never to busy for your referral!

Brent’s Resume and References